Today we’re sharing a low carb salad recipe that doesn’t disappoint.
Summer is the perfect time for quick and easy salads. Especially salads that are both delicious and healthy. Packed with protein, healthy fats, and an array of colorful vegetables, this salad is a great dinnertime option.
So fire up the grill, and let’s get started.
Grilled Shrimp Salad
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 avocados sliced
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup cucumber sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lime juice, minced garlic, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well to create the marinade.
- Place the shrimp in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over them. Coat the shrimp evenly and let them marinate for about 15 minutes.
- While the shrimp are marinating, prepare the salad. In a large bowl, combine the mixed salad greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, and red onion. Toss gently to mix.
- Grill the marinated shrimp on the preheated grill for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until they turn pink and opaque.
- Remove the grilled shrimp from the heat and let them cool slightly. Cut each shrimp in half lengthwise.
- Arrange the sliced avocados on top of the salad mixture, followed by the grilled shrimp.
- Garnish the salad with fresh cilantro.
Avocados are an excellent source of healthy monounsaturated fats, which can help promote heart health and keep you feeling satiated. The combination of protein-rich shrimp, the healthy fat from the avocados, and an abundance of fresh vegetables make this salad a nutritious choice.